Directs shift to shift activities; provides leadership and direction in accordance with organizational and department goals and philosophy; provides support to departmental management team; assists with staff scheduling; participates in on-call as determined by management team.
Responsible for shift to shift activities; provides leadership and direction to departmental staff; assigns and follows up with staff regarding patient care, departmental flow and interacts in leadership capacity with other departments; intervenes in patient, customer complaints/questions and resolves or refers to management team promptly; participates in direct patient care/assists departmental staff as needed; coordinates patient flow, processes intradepartmental and utilizes nursing supervisor for assistance with ancillary services. Provides patient care as needed for patient types, which include but are not limited to adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations. Qualifications: Education and Training Experience Required
- All employees offered after January 1, 2015 are required to have an ADN and must be enrolled in a program to begin work toward their BSN within 6 months of hire date. They must remain in school until the BSN is acquired.
- Graduate of a Professional Nursing Program.
- Minimum 2 years of experience on an Telemetry or Oncology unit.
- Charge nurse experience preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE: Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Current TX RN license
- BLS (AHA) certification
- ACLS (AHA) Certification
- Chemo certification preferred
- National certification preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom