Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, GA Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room/Surgery Eastside
is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center
has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women's services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health. Eastside Medical Center
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - OR/Surgery. PRN/Per Diem, as needed. Responsibilities:
- Performs duties in accordance with unit specific standards of care and evidence by documentation, observation and competencies.
- Assessment of postoperative care completed upon entry of patient to the PACU
- Nursing Plan of Care is developed to meet individual patient needs according to nursing standards of care/practice
- Plan is updated with any change in patient condition
- Formulates and takes nursing actions to implement plan of care: records actions and patient response in Meditech.
- Patient/Family involvement is indicated on plan of care if appropriate.
- Patient teaching is planned and implemented.
- Delivers care with respect to the individuals spiritual and cultural needs.
- Changes in patient's physiological and behavioral status are recognized, documented as they occur.
- Adverse response to care or treatment is recognized, documented and reported to the physician.
- Hand Off Communication occurs at shift change, between departments, upon transfer and discharge.
- Provides patient education and documentation of understanding regarding tests, procedures, equipment and medications.
- Manages pain through assessment (with appropriate pain scale) intervention, re-assessment within one hour of intervention.
- Orders are implemented as ordered.
- Physical and psychosocial needs are met for an assigned group of patients.
- Patient care is prioritized and delegated abased on patient needs.
- Provides patient care with consideration of professional ethics. Is aware of hospital ethics policy and utilized as appropriate.
- Delivers care in a safe and effective manner.
- Delivers medication according to policy
- Follow policies and procedures regarding safety and precautions, uses all safety devices and processes.
- Participates in process improvement activity standards.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality and privacy; HIPAA.
- Performs circulating duties according to departmental policy
- Assures that patient and side-site verification is completed according to policy and procedure
- Participates in time out process for patient safety
- Communicates immediately with schedule coordinator any changes in procedure or patient condition and potential delays.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe environment for patients and staff according to policy and procedure
- Demonstrates correct and safe technique in the use of equipment according to policy and procedure
- Charges accurately for the use of supplies and equipment
- When assigned to call, responds within specified timeframe
- Communicates with patients' family/significant other on an hourly basis and with any significant status change and appropriately documents.
- May be assigned as charge nurse according to competency validation and departmental needs.
- Current Georgia RN license
- BLS - American Heart Association - required
- ACLS - American Heart Association - required within 60 days of hire or transfer
- CNOR preferred
- Previous OR experience-1 year required for PRN
- Good communication skills