Wesley Woodlawn, a campus of Wesley Medical Center provides patients with convenient access to expert heart care, surgical care and emergency services. Our 82 bed facility provides world class medical care while promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles and community education programs and screenings.
Wesley Woodlawn earned a national Excellence in Patient Care award for a second consecutive year from the healthcare performance improvement firm Studer Group, a Huron Healthcare Solution. The hospital was selected based on its overall emergency department patient satisfaction scores, which were in the 90th percentile nationally.
Wesley Woodlawn is also proud to have earned an "A" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Patient Safety Score Report!
The Registered Nurse Medical Surgical is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process for assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for the department-specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
Qualifications: Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
- Delivers patient-centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Center
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice and education
- Monitors the patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes
- Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others
- Collaborates with the patient, significant others and healthcare providers in providing and advocating for patient care
- Considers safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care
- Decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner
- Participates in the improvement of operational functions of the department
- Establishes and maintains effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
- Evaluates and participates in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accepts responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone
- Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate competencies to department specific population
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s)
- Secures, administers and handles medication according to established guidelines
Required Education or Experience
- Current licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Successful completion of Dysrhythmia Exam within allotted time frame, as specified in policy
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Preferred knowledge and Skills
- Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other healthcare providers and providing education to patient and/or significant others
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Possess personal computer skills
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
- Possess problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate with other healthcare providers
- Ability to educate patients and/or significant others