This role supports the Las Vegas market - hospitals in this market are Sunrise and Sunrise Children's Hospital, MountainView Hospital, and Southern Hills Hospital.
To learn more about HCA please visit us at www.hcahealthcare.com Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This is a per diem/PRN role with no guarantee of hours or benefits.
Summary of Core Job Functions
: The Transfer Center RN is responsible for the coordination of patients to an appropriate HCA hospital through IP and ED transfers and Direct Admits. Working in collaboration with the Call Center Communication Specialist, acts as a resource and a facilitator for all inter-facility transfers. Utilizes computer technology to facilitate multi-faceted communications. Applies nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for transfer facilitation, communication, and documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential core function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and ability necessary to perform this job. Essential Core Functions:
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- In collaboration with the Call Center Communication Specialist, acts as a resource to facilitate inter facility transfers, maintaining communication with all parties including but not limited to attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- Communicates with physicians and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Uses problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
- Makes suggestions and utilizes creative thinking and acquired knowledge to assist in assessing situations and improving department decision-making and action.
- Utilizes nursing education, skills, and knowledge as foundations for gathering appropriate patient clinical data to assure appropriate placement.
- Responsible for documenting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports.
- Assists in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- Exhibits excellent customer relationship skills including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center's customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs, callers, fellow employees, etc.
- Deals effectively with dissatisfied customers.
- Establishes and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of participating HCA hospital's medical staff, services and special programs.
- Confidentiality is maintained in sensitive situations or when dealing with classified materials.
- Functions as a team leader in the absence of a Supervisor and/or Director.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required
- Graduate from accredited school of Nursing. Licensed in the state of Nevada.
- Critical Care experience required.
- Emergency Department experience strongly recommended and preferred.
- Must have an understanding of EMTALA in order to identify possible issues or violations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including diplomatic and friendly telephone manner and use of professional vocabulary.
- Ability to self manage by taking responsibility to initiate, assess, and take action as well as ability to function calmly in stressful situations.
- Positive, enthusiastic, customer service oriented personality.
- Basic typing and personal computer skills.
- Ability to relate well in a diverse group, articulate concerns, and negotiate solutions among multi-disciplinary clinicians.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom