Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center
is a licensed 404 bed acute care facility. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Los Robles Hospital has the only Level II Trauma Center in Eastern Ventura County and the only Emergency Room in both Los Angeles and Ventura counties coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating. In addition, it is the only hospital certified by both counties as a STEMI designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Primary Stroke Center. With over 600 physicians on its medical staff, representing over 50 medical specialties, Los Robles is proud to be the community's most trusted resource for health and a regional destination for care. Position Summary:
Under the supervision of the Trauma Program Manager, the Trauma Nurse Coordinator assists in overseeing the daily operations of the Trauma Center to include coordinating the Trauma Performance Improvement Plan, coordinating the care of the trauma patients, assuring optimal care throughout the continuum, from injury prevention through hospitalization, communicating the plan of care with patients and families, and facilitating discharge.Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Two (2) years nursing experience in a critical care area that cares for trauma patients (i.e. ICU, ED) or equivalent clinical practice in an acute care setting.
- Minimum: Associate of Science Degree in Nursing by a NLN accredited school of nursing with a goal of Bachelor of Science Degree to be obtained within 3 years of obtaining the position. BSN desired.
- Current California Registered Nurse License.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider or American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR card.
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC, AB-508 credentials (must be current at all times).
- Passing score of at least 80% on the Los Robles Regional Medical Center pharmacology exam.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements clinical and organizational systems that result in the performance improvement of the trauma program by coordinating implementation and revision of guidelines for the care of the patient.
- Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of a quality plan. Tracks and reports any identified quality issues and monitors sentinel events, deaths, transfers, complications, adherence to trauma guidelines and variances from care plans. Maintains knowledge of current external and internal quality indicators and standards.
- Completes concurrent review of cases to identify quality, timeliness, and systems of care to meet hospital-based, State of California, and American College of Surgeons standards.
- Collects, analyzes and reports on patient outcomes, QI indicators and variance data to improve trauma patient care and outcomes. Enters data into the registry related to PI issues identified, including investigation, analysis and resolution or loop closure when applicable.
- Maintains current knowledge of trauma care standards and resources including Trauma Registry. Participates and leads hospital-wide trauma education and outreach efforts in the hospital and in the community.
- Performs assessments and reassessment of the patient's physical condition and nursing needs; develops, implements and communicates patient's plan of care with patient. Sets goals, and takes appropriate nursing action to meet those goals.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
- Coordinates the patient's care and identified needs with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
- Attends trauma related meetings and prepare cases for review.
- Serves as an internal resource for staff in all departments involved in trauma care.
- Designs, coordinates, and implements community outreach injury prevention and educational activities based on the population of trauma patients served and the needs of the community.
- Oversees alcohol screening and brief intervention.
- Performs other duties as assigned
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom