Trident Health is a multi-facility health system located in South Carolina's Lowcountry, an dis part of the national HCA healthcare network. Trident is comprised of two acute care hospitals - Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center
- and Moncks Corner Medical Center, which provides outpatient medical services and 24/7 Emergency Services. Affiliated with Trident are a number of physician practices that provide family medicine, surgical services and specialty medical care. These quality-focused entities work together to bring excellence in medical and wellness services to residents of the Lowcountry. For the third straight year, The Joint Commission recently recognized Trident as one of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety. Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Nursing Director or Supervisor, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The RN is responsible for directing all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice and federal, state, and local regulations. The RN incorporates knowledge of patient's age specific development and cultural diversity into the plan of care. The RN contributes to quality nursing care through process improvement techniques and multidisciplinary collaboration that demonstrates positive outcomes in the delivery of patient care. The RN is responsible for the care of Labor and Delivery and couplet postpartum mother/baby combinations or other clinical care duties as assigned. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
The Neonatology Registered Nurse (RN)
is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Current license as a registered Nurse to practice in the State of South Carolina
- BLS-Healthcare Provider- on hire (American Heart)
- NRP-Neonatal Resuscitation Provider- within 90 days of hire or transfer
- AWHONN Fetal Monitoring- Initial course required within first 2 weeks clinical orientation (on the unit) advanced course at one year of hire
- STABLE Certification within 90 Days of hire or transfer
- ACLS Certification - required within 90 Days of hire or transfer
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification required within 90 days of hire or transfer.
- Specialty Certification highly preferred within 3 years of hire.
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing. BSN Preferred.
- Experience in L/D preferred and highly desirable candidates with one year of related specialty Level II, Mother/Baby, L/D, Peds will be considered.
- Must have demonstrated skills and ability to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff needs.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required before hire and Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP), and STABLE must have upon hire or new graduate obtained within 90 days of hire, and maintains specialty certification as required for specific areas.
- This is a PRN position
- Weekend and holiday rotation required