The Women's and Children's Float Pool Registered Nurse
must be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in the care of his/her patients.. Each service also requires specialized skills. The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient. The Registered Nurse may rotate to other areas other than his/her normally assigned service area/s, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at NSMC. The Registered Nurse displays positive support for NSMC as well as the entire HealthONE organization.
Women's Health & OBGYN Care at North Suburban in North Denver
Choosing the right hospital to deliver your baby is a major decision. North Suburban Medical Center wants to make you and your family feel comfortable during this exciting time. Our equipped facility and caring staff provide you, your loved ones and your baby with the highest quality care and services. From pre-delivery to your first days at home, North Suburban Medical Center is here for you.
Experience the North Suburban Difference
At North Suburban we know that every step of your birth experience is unique to you. That's why The Birth Center at North Suburban was designed with you and your baby in mind.
Mom, baby and family can expect excellence in care throughout the birth experience. Some of the amazing things we offer to help keep you comfortable include:
- Spacious family waiting area
- Comfortable overnight accommodation for mom's support person
- Room service menu with options for meals, snacks and desserts around the clock with gourmet "celebration" meal for mom and support person and chef-prepared meal to take and enjoy at home
- Large bath tubs for use in labor
- Breastfeeding and lactation support
- Single-room care from arrival to departure
- One-on-one consultation with nurse to discuss your wishes before your big day
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner in attendance at every birth to ensure your baby has a safe start
- Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Colorado
- NRP certification required
- BCLS certification required
- PALS for RN floating to PEDS, STABLE for RN floating to NICU & ACLS for RN floating to L&D. AWHONN fetal monitoring is preferred.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing; BSN desirable.
- 1 to 2 years' acute care/ specialty nursing is desirable; able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory and practice.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at NSMC.
- Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.