RN Wound Care Practitioner PRN
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Posted: August 04, 2017
Reference ID: 25325-13653
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Creates climate for patient/family/significant other teaching to enhance continuum of care.
2. Provides on-going education to staff. Identifies strengths and areas for growth.
3. Functions as resource in the multi-disciplinary team approach to providing acute and rehabilitative care for persons with select disorders of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary and integumentary systems.
4. Functions as liaison between patient and physician by reinforcing and interpreting principles of ostomy and wound care.
5. Monitors and promotes quality of health practices and complies with professional, regulatory and department standards.
6. Demonstrates understanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Required: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing (Assoc)
Required: Five (5) years current nursing experience with minimum one year demonstrated in Enterostomal Therapy
Preferred: Wound Care Certification
Required: Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a registered nurse
Required: AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers