About Bristol-Myers Squibb:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Position Summary:
Bristol-Myers Squibb has undertaken an ambitious program of implementing Digital Capabilities as part of its Company Transformation. Digital technologies are being embedded across the enterprise - in everything we do with customers, and how we work internally. This informs the – Digital Operating Model, ever closer Digital Engagement with our patients, Agility to respond to Market Opportunities and Situations, and Flexibility. The repertoire of technologies include – Robotics Process Automation, AI & Cognitive, Internet of Things, Cloud, and Blockchain.
Our immediate priority is to drive efficiency and effectiveness through Robotics and Cognitive Automation. This program is already underway. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead Solution Design, Service Delivery and end-to-end oversight for all Robotics Process Automation projects for 2-3 named business functions.
- Areas include – Prioritization / Sequencing, RPA roadmap and blueprints, and Service Delivery across Development projects, ongoing Support and Maintenance.
- Collaborate with Lean Six Sigma, Business and Vendor teams to “Reimagine and Simplify Process”, and identify opportunities for Automation.
- Lead teams assigned to RPA IT projects including BMS employees, and vendor resources
- Collaborate with IT Business Partners for enterprise functions and business teams, and provide technical advice as necessary
- Govern all RPA Build and Run engagements with IT, Business stakeholders, and Vendor Leads
- Deliver projects within cost and time budgets
- Provide technical assistance to teams with a bias for “problem solving” and “finding solutions”
- Build and Mentor team of RPA technologists, and groom them to evolve as technical-functional SMEs
- Design, approve and maintain RPA IT standards for development and run, in conformance with BMS’ existing standards on SDLC and IT security.
- Lead initiative to build re-useable scripts, assets and artefacts that can be used across RPA projects, and can be leveraged with least effort to other RPA tools (inter-operability)
- Facilitate trainings and product familiarization sessions for business users and IT on an as needed basis
- Collaborate with Agile Methods, DevOps and Enterprise Architecture teams to instill speed, precision and automation in RPA program delivery
- Share industry best practices. Continuously explore new tools, engage with product vendors on product roadmaps and PoCs, and evaluate their technology’s relevance / effectiveness for BMS. Continuously share market intelligence with IT / Business colleagues.
- Develop framework to leverage existing artifacts of Processes / Process Models in other BPM tools, use automation to create “User Journeys”, and use them as inputs to build RPA design
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- 10 years of work experience in leading Business IT Applications, Digital technologies, and Platform implementation. 2 years' experience in directly leading RPA programs across tools such - Automation Anywhere, Workfusion, Blueprism, and RAGE.
- Experienced in delivery of front-end applications integrated with SAP platform would be valuable. Such front-end applications can include - RPA and Workflow (such as Software AG's ARIS, or Pega's OpenSpan). This knowledge should be reflected in understanding of SAP and its data sets. Exposure to integrating S/4 Hana platform will be seen as a strength.
- Delivered IT projects to any of business functions such as - Finance & Accounting, Procurement / Sourcing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and HR.
- Passion for Digital technologies, experiment with them, and independent perspectives on their impact on enterprises / consumers
- Experience in building RPA CoE at a Consulting or Client organization
- Good understanding of concepts such as - Total Automation; Straight Through Processing; Design Thinking; and Lean Process Modelling
- Currently working at a Big 4, IT consulting, or end-user organization.
- Experience in working with Biotech / Pharma / Healthcare / manufacturing industries will help candidate to come up the learning curve quickly. However, it should not be seen as a limitation.
- Led direct and virtual teams
- Under-graduate degree in Engineering or Sciences
- Desirable : certification in RPA tools