- Create embedded systems for control of robotics and other mechatronics devices
- Develop mathematical algorithms and logic for operating robotics systems
- Designs and develops code for complex software projects
- Troubleshoots a variety of difficult software problems. Designs and implements bug fixes.
- Publish engineering reports documenting design details and qualification testing
- Analyze real time data to identify system problems and characterize performance
Experience in several of the following areas is desired:
- Proficiency and professional experience in C , MATLAB or Python
- Strong math background
- Experience developing embedded software
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward manner
- Bachelor's degree with 3 or more years of professional experience or Master's Degree
About Applied Materials:
- C , MATLAB and Python.
- Automatic code generation
- Servo drive controllers
- Fitting mathematical models to data
- Modeling mechanical systems
- Interfacing camera hardware
- Image processing
- Path planning and trajectory design
- Real time software
- Control network protocols (such as EtherCAT)
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future. About Applied Materials Mechatronic Solutions Group:
The Mechatronic Solutions Group supports internal business units as a mechatronics center of excellence within the company. The group delivers solutions used in semiconductor and display manufacturing equipment including vacuum robot motion control, atmospheric robot motion control, process chamber motion, and advanced process control.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.