Robotics Software Test Engineer
Posted: December 01, 2016
Reference ID: 890878204
A Robotics Software Test Engineer position in Mountain View,CA is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technology. The hourly rate for this position is between $39.76 and $69.20 per hour.
Job Description -
In the Robotics manufacturing team, our aim is to accelerate the productivity of build/assembly technicians by automating calibration and quality control processes, and ensure consistent quality and traceability of the robotic hardware being delivered to software engineers. We're working on developing tools/infrastructure which will characterize the performance of sensors, actuators, and systems at the time of manufacture, and enable efficient storage and retrieval of archived data..
We're looking for software developers with an enthusiasm for quality and robots, with a strong technical background. You will own and implement critical components of our data-logging and hardware-test infrastructure, including a data analysis and reporting pipeline to evaluate hardware performance metrics.
This role offers a chance to innovate and make impact on a growing project, working alongside a diverse group of roboticist, design and software engineers, and technicians.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
1. Write automated hardware calibration routines in python.
2. Implement back-end infrastructure and databases for logging and accessing data
3. Analyze test data to extract key performance metrics
- Develop simple UIs to facilitate initiating and tracking progress of processes.
- Work with build technicians to identify pain points in test processes.
Implement data storage and retrieval using Cloud Storage APIs.
- Write functions to analyze time-series data and extract key performance metrics.
- BS in Computer Science
- 2-3 years programming experience Python, literate in C/C++, and comfort working in a Linux environment including automation and testing
- 2-3 years of Software Test Engineering
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- MS in Computer Science
- Mechatronics (Mechanical and Electrical side of robotics) and hardware exposure a plus
- Experience controlling and characterizing mechanical systems
- Lightweight UI development experience
- Experience with and related development and automation infrastructure
. If you would like to apply for this role, please email me your resume on Priyanka.firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 408-962-4980.