Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
Responsible for serving quality food and beverage in a timely and courteous manner to each customer. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
- Follow all recipe cards.
- Follow all ServSafe procedures.
- Prepare Cafe for an event by stocking product (cups, napkins, etc.) in convenient and accessible locations including condiment carts.
- Greet every guest with a warm and sincere smile and greeting.
- Must be comfortable with upselling.
- Exhibit exceptional customer service at all times.
- Prepare food in Cafe according to specified cooking projections.
- Keep containers and counters clean and free of crumbs and spills at all times.
- May be asked to assist with beginning inventory levels prior to events; may be required to count ending inventory levels before end of shift.
- Responsible for the appearance of food when serving to customers
- Restocks the station with condiments and food product as needed
- Adheres to the weekly/monthly cleaning schedules by completing the assigned tasks
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Lifts food pans from warmer to the serving line
- Operates and cleans grill station (flat-top grill, char grill, hood vents, fryers, etc.)
- Maintain a daily bank and be accountable for all transactions
- Handle cash, traveler's checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner
- Must be proficient in counting money and providing guests with change whenever needed
- Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere of the work area at all times - dispose of trash and clean all areas
- Maintain daily side work -ensure any required logs are completed in a timely manner also complete any restocking and cleaning duties
- May be required to keep an inventory of stock - noting any out of stock items or possible shortages
- Cash out point of sale system and complete closing accounts at the end of each day
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints - always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- At the end of the shift Cashiers must prepare for the next shift by cleaning designated areas and returning all food items to designated storage areas - making sure to cover and date all perishable items
- May be required to train other employees on the role
- May be cross trained to work in other areas
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
- Develop a strong knowledge of all products offered in order to constantly up sell
- Cashiers should be highly knowledgeable about the surrounding areas
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Cross-trains at other stations at the location
- Works in other areas or departments as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Time management skills
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read, write, and follow instructions
- Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written - able to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, ARAMARK Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Basic mathematical skills are required - must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Previous Customer Service experience preferred
- Should be able to work all department shifts
- Basic understanding of cash handling
- Good customer service skills and a pleasant manner
- Good organizational skills
High School Diploma or equivalent KNOWLEDGE:
TIPS certification in order to serve alcoholic beverages.
Ability to handle multiple projects and stressful situations simultaneously.
Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of customers and employees. EXPERIENCE:
Prior experience in similar facility or operation a plus. SKILLS:
Strong organizational and communication skills
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.