Ensures that press is properly supplied with roll stock and prepares rolls for splicing. Maintains appropriate paperwork or records. May assist with pre-make-readies and make-readies.
- Prepares the press for a run by verifying job specs and setting up the press accordingly.
- Inspects the fountain solution, inking systems, rolls of paper and the mechanisms related to the reels.
- Maintains proper inventory of paper. Records usage and spoilage on Cypro report.
- Ensures that the roll of paper is properly unwrapped, mounted and ready to be spliced.
- Monitors the flow of paper throughout the run. Prepares and installs new roll when necessary.
- Washes blankets, helps with roller and fountain wash-up and cleans wash-up trays.
- Works in conjunction with the press operators and other assigned Press Assistants in the preventative maintenance of the presses. Assists maintenance personnel in troubleshooting and making repairs to press.
- May assist with make-readies.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- It is the responsibility of all press department employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual. Required Skills: