IBM Cloud IaaS is the innovation leader in on-demand dedicated and cloud hosting. As the largest hosting company in the world, IBM Cloud lets customers create dedicated, cloud, or seamlessly integrated computing environments leveraging their world-class data center facilities and network Points of Presence across the globe. IBM Cloud integrates and automates all elements of its platform, empowering enterprises of any size with complete control, security, scalability, and ease-of-management via a leading customer portal and open API.
IBM Cloud Infrastructure has a global network that is deployed using cutting-edge platforms and we are looking for Network Engineers is to drive root cause analysis of events involving this network. This position, based in Houston or Dallas, interfaces directly with our networking teams, datacenter staff, management, development organization, and vendor support staff.
- Review incidents where client network connectivity was disrupted and perform in-depth forensic analysis to determine root cause
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to gain insight into an event; including engineers, operators and manufacturers
- Utilize network monitoring, telemetry databases, and device user interfaces to conduct investigations
- Work with vendors on joint investigations, providing telemetry, and scheduling trouble shooting session as needed
- Prepare documentation about analyses to be shared with internal management and clients; including times lines, diagrams, and reports
- Present finding to clients and management in person or remotely as necessary
- Document and follow-through on future mitigation steps for incidents as is necessary
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.