The Rotating Equipment Engineer is a valued member of the Whiting Business Unit Rotating Equipment Engineering Team. As the Rotating Equipment Engineer, you will be in in charge of process rotating equipment including Pumps, Compressors, Turbines, Turbo-Generators and Fans within your area of the refinery. You will collaborate with the operations and maintenance teams to ensure the continued and efficient operations of your rotating equipment. The Rotating Equipment team has primary responsibility for the Life Cycle Management of the Refinery's rotating equipment. Key accountabilities
- Mechanical Integrity, including pressure boundary assurance, on assigned rotating equipment
- Ensure rotating equipment reliability strategy and related programs and processes are consistently applied for assigned equipment.
- Improve run time of assigned rotating equipment by effective use of reliability tools, such as, FMEA, FA, RCFA, Predictive and Proactive maintenance, QA/QC, and Cold-Eye reviews.
- Development and update of inspection/overhaul plans for assigned rotating equipment.
- Development and update of equipment repair/overhaul work-list for assigned rotating equipment.
- Front End Loading on projects for assigned rotating equipment following the CVP process.
- Development and update of detailed work scope for repairs and overhaul projects on assigned rotating equipment.
- Engineering support for the review of rotating equipment startup, operating and shutdown procedures.
- Ensure that all changes made to assigned rotating equipment are managed and documented per the Whiting BU MOC process.
- Engineering support for the front end loading phase of overhaul projects, including development, approval and funding of the final work scope and the design of required repairs and upgrades.
- Engineering support for equipment re-commissioning including performance testing to ascertain the success of the repair project.
- Engineering support for on-stream monitoring, trouble-shooting and unscheduled shutdown decision-making.
- Provide technical input for rotating equipment related projects.
- Provide input to rotating equipment operating envelopes.
- Continuously identify areas of improvement and ensure plans are in place to address gaps.
Essential experience and job requirements
- A Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering is required.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- 4 years of maintenance experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience in rotating equipment engineering (pumps, compressors and turbines) in petrochemical/ refining industry or power (utility) industry
- Knowledge of basic reliability principles
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- A Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering is preferred.
- Experience working in a refinery
- 4 years of experience in rotating equipment engineering and maintenance.
Yes - up to 10%Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
The BP Whiting Refinery is located on the south-western shore of Lake Michigan and the Indiana Harbor Ship Canal in the communities of Whiting, East Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. Whiting Refinery is the second largest refinery in the BP refining system, and the 6th largest refinery in the United States. Operations began in 1889, prior to the advent of the automobile.
Today, BP is investing several billion dollars in Northwest Indiana to modernize its Whiting Refinery for the processing of heavier crudes. The modernization is essential to the long-term viability of the refinery, and includes well over a billion dollars in environmental improvements. BP Whiting Refinery employs thousands of full-time employees and contractors. The Whiting Refinery Modernization Project is employing thousands of additional contractors. The modernization project will provide for greater energy security in the Midwest, as conventional supplies of the lighter crudes diminish, and are replaced by heavier crudes.
As we progress with the project, the health, safety and security of our employees, and of those who come into contact with our operations and products, remains our highest priority. Our policy is that no job is worth doing, unless it is done safely, while protecting our shared natural environment.Segment
[ "25-Sep-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.