AIRGAS USA, LLC - is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hard goods, such as welding equipment and related products. Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants, a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. We have more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations nationwide. Airgas is a company of hard-working men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed. When a challenge arises, we provide the right solutions, leveraging our many years of industry process expertise and our extensive gases, welding, and safety products offering.
We are seeking a motivated individual to become a Route Driver to join our team in Princeton, Kentucky.
JOB SUMMARY: Drives a Class B, Hazmat vehicle loaded with compressed gas cylinders, liquid cylinders and hard goods to deliver to customers on scheduled routes. Picks up empty cylinders from customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquiries and complaints. Loads/unloads truck. Performs pre & post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensuring all safety items are in good working order. The Route Driver will act on occasion as a Sales Associate for the retail store by selling products to businesses and industrial customers. The position will require assisting at the retail counter . Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
• Upload, deliver and download safely to customers hard good orders as well as cylinders containing compressed gases; return empty cylinders to plant for refilling
• Establish and maintain good customer relations
• Communicate in person with customers, providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times, etc.
• Maintain load manifests, barcodes, FDA lot numbers, and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries
• Maintain appropriate driver's license
• Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed and any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management
• Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
• Sell industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related equipment to customers.
• Solicit sales with existing and potential customers and handles all associated paperwork to document those sales, quotes or other information which may need recording for future reference.
• Arrange for delivery of cylinders and hard goods and maintains showroom displays.
• Assist customers with merchandise and loading and unloading cylinders.
• Demonstrate use of equipment and advise customers on equipment and materials needed and procedures to follow to complete tasks they wish to perform.
• Establish and maintain good customer relations and answers customer questions.
• Communicate in person and on the telephone with customers, providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times.
• Check accounts receivable status of accounts; talk with the salesman or credit department about past-due accounts and contact customer regarding payment as well as collect money as required.
• Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed; including coding, costing and pricing.
• Ensure all administrative and accounting related procedures are strictly observed.
• 1 Year CDL Driving Experience
• CDL B with Hazmat & air brake
• Clean MVR / driving record
• High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
• Must be at least 21 years old
• Understand highway traffic signs and signals
• Previous Customer Service Experience a plus
• Knowledge of industrial gases a plus
Monday - Friday workweek, competitive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, short and long term disability.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.