Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Class A Route Driver in Raleigh, NC!! Home Every Night - Benefits - Consistent Hours - Stability Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas' customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on... JOB SUMMARY:
Drives up to a 20-ton truck loaded with compressed gas cylinders, liquid cylinders and hard goods to deliver to customers on scheduled route. Loads/unloads truck and sets up cylinders for customer use. Pickup empty cylinders from customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquires and complaints. Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Upload, deliver and download safely to customers hard goods orders as well as cylinders containing compressed gases; return empty cylinders to plant for refilling.
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Establish and maintain good customer relations, by communicating in person with customers, providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times, etc.
- Identify and monitor customers' needs and work with them to maintain proper hard good and cylinder levels to minimize or eliminate emergency deliveries.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Comply with all DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Maintain appropriate drivers' license and endorsements.
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Work with customers on maintaining proper cylinder levels
- Perform counter sales and assist customers, when necessary.
- Assist with inspection and filling of cylinders.
- Assist with inventory, housekeeping, showroom displays, and demonstrations as required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) Preferred.
- 1 year driving experience or driving school training in the past 4 years
- Class A CDL with HazMat endorsement
- Industry and related product knowledge, as well as experience handling compressed gases, preferred.
- Customer service or sales experience, preferred
- Computer experience or basic knowledge in computer order entry system
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Strong verbal communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, well-organized, ability to achieve goals, and ability to focus and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze a customer's situation and help resolve customer problem.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Willing to improve skills and techniques by attending classes on employee's own time.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- No at-fault accidents or moving violations in previous 3 years.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities. Frequent bending also required.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.