Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Class A CDL Driver in Nashville, TN!! Home Every Night - Benefits - Consistent Hours - Stability Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas' customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on... JOB SUMMARY:
Drives a Class A, Hazmat vehicle loaded with compressed gas cylinders, liquid cylinders and hard goods to deliver to customers on scheduled route. Picks up empty cylinders from customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquiries and complaints. Loads/unloads truck. Performs pre & post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.Qualifications: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Upload, deliver and download safely to customers hard good orders as well as cylinders containing compressed gases; return empty cylinders to plant for refilling
- Establish and maintain good customer relations
- Communicate in person with customers, providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times, etc.
- Maintain load manifests, barcodes, FDA lot numbers, and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries
- Maintain appropriate driver's license
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed and any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Work with customers on maintaining proper cylinder levels
- Assists customers when necessary
- Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and other duties as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have a Class A or B with HAZMAT endorsement and clean MVR
- Ability to perform very heavy work-routinely lift 25 to 75 lb., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lb. Also required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the tightening of ratchet binders
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours and able to work overtime, when necessary
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets
- Must be able to safely drive a forklift
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year of CDL driving experience or graduated from an accredited truck driving school with a score of 80 percent or better.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.