Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. Job Summary
Manages Waste Collection routes and driver/laborer performance on a daily basis in multiple line of businesses (Commercial and Residential): Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily route assignments to ensure customers are serviced per company standards and agreements.
- Coordinates daily operational needs with Maintenance team.
- Monitors driver and laborer time and attendance, minimizing overtime and ensuring that drivers do not exceed limits established by regulatory agencies (e.g., 60 hour rule).
- Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Establishes and maintains a clean, safe work environment in compliance with Company/Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Documents and maintains records required by regulatory agencies such as the Department of Transportation (DOT).
This job has supervisory responsibilities for Drivers assigned to the position. This includes responsibility for employee performance reviews and feedback, scheduling time off, employee grievances or complaints, pay changes and job responsibilities. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Required: Associate's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: No experience required (in addition to education requirement).
- Prior Leadership/Management experience
- Prior Waste Industry experience
- Experience utilizing routing programs
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
A little about us:
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.