What you will do
The qualified candidate will work to run a route servicing existing fire extinguisher, kitchen hood, e-light and pre-engineered and possibly engineered gas system customers. Up sell those customers needing products and services to meet compliance with current fire codes.
Sell new accounts on the route based on the same compliance criteria. Complete all necessary paperwork as needed and meet deadlines set for paperwork to be turned into the district.
Maintain your weekly, monthly and annual quota as set forth by the Manager. Comply with all customer service obligations as set forth by the manager and all company policies as set forth by the department, district, SimplexGrinnell LP. Perform all other duties as set forth by the Manager. This may include but is not limited to assisting other districts, shop, installation and marine work. How you will do it
What we look for Required
- Have the ability to work with their hands and possess mechanical skills. Some fire suppression -business experience preferred but not necessary
- Have the ability to manage a route servicing existing and new customers fire protection equipment and work on flexible hours when necessary
- Have PC knowledge and a good understanding of building codes and regulations.
- Be able to obtain and retain a security license if necessary and other appropriate certifications and/or licenses.
- Have a valid drivers license.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Portable technician license.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, strong organizational and good communication skills.
- Must have a valid drivers license with a clean record.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Who we are:
- NICET certification in Special Hazards is a plus.
- One year experience in servicing and sales of Fire Extinguishers, Direct sales experience is a plus.
- License to inspect suppression products preferred.
- One year of experience with service and sales of Fire Extinguishers preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou