Route Switch Manager
Do you possess strong to advanced knowledge of route/switch technologies and implementations across data center, enterprise, and cloud environments? You will primarily function as a lead routing / switching engineer in a project capacity. Activities will include working with architecture to integrate new technologies into the existing production environment; gathering requirements, developing designs to meet documented requirements, and implementing those designs; and developing / presenting training curriculums and mentoring less experienced engineers. Project engineers function as 4th tier critical resources for operational incidents. You should have experience with and a strong knowledge of network engineering and design development, problem troubleshooting and resolution, and change management. You will also be expected to drive your own technical development, strive to expand your skillset by learning new technologies, and seeks opportunities to advance and improve the enterprise infrastructure.
- Design and implement LAN/WAN topologies and connectivity.
- Tier 4 critical issue resource for incident resolution.
- Consult with various technology support groups as part of network design and development efforts.
- Identify gaps in current design and research / propose appropriate solutions based on technical and business drivers.
- Take initiative and a leadership role in identifying and driving compelling optimization or technology upgrade opportunities.
- Lead/contribute to enterprise network strategy/solutions development and technology refresh efforts.
- Provide input to network enterprise design standards and maintain network topology diagrams.
- Participate in technology integration efforts with other engineering and support teams.
- Provide direct support of audit and ad hoc consulting engagements.
- Ensure compliance with departmental and enterprise security configuration standards.
- Lead and Govern relationships with technology vendors utilized in the enterprise network.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior personnel.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation
Does this describe you? If so you may be just the person we want to talk to!
- Possess high proficiency with troubleshooting a wide range of Cisco Nexus and IOS based platforms and associated technologies (Spanning Tree, MPLS, GETVPN, Policy Based Routing, QoS, and OSPF), Fabric Path, and various Data Center Technologies (vPC, VDC, and FCOE).
- Demonstrate a detailed and methodical approach to implementation and problem solving scenarios.
- Possess advanced proficiency with design, implementation, and troubleshooting of enterprise BGP deployments.
- Exhibit a foundational understanding of MPLS architecture, deployment strategies, and traffic manipulation.
- Possess extensive experience deploying public cloud infrastructure services such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Ability to efficiently lead the design, configuration and support of datacenter, campus and remote network infrastructure.
- Encompasses the technical abilities and proficiency to leverage network management tools and perform packet analysis during incident/problem resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to represent the team well and effectively communicate technical information to a variety of individuals and groups.
- Possess excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a flexible work environment and across distributed teams as needed.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent certification or military experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in all technical aspects of switching and router implementation.
- At least 7 years of experience in network support or at least 5 years of network engineering experience in a large enterprise network.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- CCNP Cloud certification or any CCIE written w/ lab
- 5 years of experience as a technical lead in a large enterprise network
- 10 years of experience in IT projects
- 10 years of experience in IT infrastructure
- 10 years of experience in all technical aspects of routing and switching implementation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.