Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco West Coast Florida
Zip Code: 34221
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Facilitate the efficient and timely delivery of customer orders through use of Roadnet software package and associated utilities in the generation of best possible route solutions. In addition, a router is responsible for creating routes that adhere to hours of service and weight laws and regulations.
- Routing of all legitimate customer orders in the most efficient way possible for multiple shipping facilities while under constant time and accuracy constraints while adhering to established procedures, protocols and customer commitments
- Plans routes. This includes integrating new customers into existing routes, determining where new routes and shuttle yards are needed and planning for necessary route adjustments due to seasonality
- Analyzes existing routes for opportunities to reduced, miles, delivery days and hours to improve cost control and consistency of deliveries. Performs standard route maintenance to capture these changes
- Schedules drivers on a daily and or weekly basis to remain within overtime guidelines and hours of service laws and regulations including adjustments for volume and holidays. Also, maintain and provide accurate daily loading and door information for warehouse department
- Plans and prepares meetings and presentations for sales management and the executive staff to communicate proposed service areas and expense control opportunities
- Ensures compliance to DOT and other applicable regulations.
- Maintains Roadnet system
- Prepares reports for sales and management.
- Creates proposals for transportation management to improve efficiency, customer service, and safety.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)