Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Manages incoming service orders, assigns orders to drivers, and provides drivers with the ideal sequence to complete service orders. Communicates back and forth with Waste Management Route Managers, Dispatchers and Drivers to assist with problem resolution while Drivers are on route. Handles incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Interacts with customers, including customer service, sales, and operational staff (i.e. Route Managers, Mechanics etc.). Shifts vary with the potential for overtime and Saturday hours depending on particular site needs. Some initial travel (up to 15%) may be required to assist with centralization efforts.II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the assigned essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and duties may vary by department.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Coordinates with dispatchers, route managers, and the service department to optimize routes.
- Utilizes various tools combined with logic to build the most efficient routes possible while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Assigns all work, both same day and next day, to drivers considering load type management, customer expectations, landfill requirements, and several other factors.
- Routes drivers to calls as they are received, using information on customer needs, drivers' locations and loads, and daily factors to balance cost and speed of response
- Determines daily level of driver staffing to provide best mix of responsiveness and productivity
- Supports dispatchers as he/she fields incoming calls from customers, and e-mails from customer service and initiates outbound calls to customers while drivers are on-site/location, resolving pick-up and other issues
- Troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and pick-up problems before they result in service issues
- Records and documents information from Drivers and distributes to appropriate departments
- Uses Waste Management proprietary software to enter ticket information and track activity
None required.IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience: A minimum of 6 months of relevant work experience.
- Preferred: 2 years transportation or logistics experience, and/or additional or specialized training in transportation, routing, logistics, or similar area of study; routing and dispatching experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities That Contribute to Success
Must have adequate typing speed
Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via e-mail, telephone, and 2 way devices
Must have the desire and ability to learn Waste Management logistics process
Must have the desire and ability to learn Waste Management proprietary software applications V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.