Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management has an exciting opportunity for a Routing & Logistics Expert. I. Job Summary
The RLE researches, develops and implements routing and logistics plans to enhance productivity, safety, and decreased costs. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Designs and re-designs routing and logistics solutions through the collection, verification, and analysis of current data relating to existing routes, vehicles, disposal facilities, and productivity.
- Assists in the development of policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control. Creates and implements plans to optimize routes and other transportation operations.
- Communicates route changes to key personnel, and provides necessary training and transitioning tools.
- Monitors activity during implementation of new, optimized routes.
- Monitors and analyzes productivity results.
- Travel to some sites within the Greater Mid- Atlantic market area will be required
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Associate's Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, Business Administration, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: No prior work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Operations based experience, routing and mapping software experience, and project management skills required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.