Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
The RPA Solutions Lead has a wide experience in varied technologies such as Web Technologies (.NET, J2EE etc.), desktop applications (Windows, Java), integration technologies and other platforms. The RPA Solutions Lead works closely with the process architect to define the potential for automation for a particular process.
Should possesses knowledge of the automation product(Blue Prism Preferred), understands the MetLife IT landscape, confirms the feasibility of the automation for the processes in scope, and defines the technical architecture needed to develop, test and deploy the automation components.
A professional at this position level within MetLife has the following responsibilities:
Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within MetLife on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
Has some latitude in decision-making.
Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) within MetLIfe .
- 8-10 years of Information Technology Experience
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Provide technical solutions, effort estimation, define delivery strategy and plan
- Assess automation opportunity from technical perspective and perform due diligence to arrive at an optimal solution.
- Define the technical framework considering all relevant artifacts including,
- Method of access (internal client network , internet, local access)
- User Authentication (SSO, central LDAP, individual log in)
- IT Security and/or Audit Policies which impact the robot deployment
- User Authorization Processes, it’s lead times & request process
- Application landscape
- Applications requiring fat client, any client installation to access, or require individual logins to access
- Technical impacts of applications using OCR or Adobe Flash, Mainframe Terminal
- Technical impacts of applications accessed behind Citrix.
- Hosting & Environments
- Hosting Locations and Hosting provider (Internal / 3rd party)
- Availability of test system by application
- Provisioning of Virtual machine
- Performance & Availability
- Performance of key applications in the process that could limit the average handling time of the automation
- System availability & timings
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve technical issues and risks affecting delivery
- Assist Process Configuration team in resolving technical problems
- Self-driven, motivated and enthusiastic problem–solver
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel
- Evaluate RPA tools and provide recommendations
- Assist support teams to resolve issues
- Coordinate and participate in structured peer reviews and walkthroughs
- Proven technical experience in an IT programming development environment
- Ability to interact with multiple IT partners such as Windows Engineering, Virtualization Engineering and Database Engineering teams
- Ideally have RPA tools experience (Blue Prism (Preferred)- UI Path/ AA/ QTP/OpenSpan/WinAuto etc).
- Hands on development experience in any of the programming languages/platforms .NET /J2EE/VB etc.
- Experience in Microsoft stack is highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages such as MS Excel (VBA scripting), MS Visio, MS Access, & MS Word.
- Experience in Test-driven development is highly preferred.
- Strong in requirement gathering and analysis (ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind).
- Ability to lead a team of developers and testers and implement automation solutions independently.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 46981
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.