Grand Strand Medical Center is a progressive, growing facility located in a beautiful oceanfront community. Our facility offers the only cardiac surgery program in Horry and Georgetown counties and is also a designated trauma center ." (Registered Respiratory Therapist)>
has sound knowledge and proficiency in the performance of respiratory therapies and diagnostic testing.
- Plans and administers diagnostic and therapeutic treatments with professionalism and expertise.
- Registered Respiratory Therapists are able to provide more complex care modalities to include: establishing an airway and maintenance, cardio respiratory drug administration, and cardio respiratory monitoring to include ventilator monitoring.
- The Registered Respiratory Therapist may be given supervisory responsibilities in the absence of the Respiratory Supervisor.
- Establishes and maintains a positive rapport with fellow associates and other hospital staff. Provides quality patient care and performs all other duties as assigned (pertaining to the level of skill mix knowledge).
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Patient Rights - The Registered Respiratory Therapist will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Patient Safety - The Registered Respiratory Therapist demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
- Patient/Family Education - The Registered Respiratory Therapist provides appropriate patient/family education, per department and hospital policy and procedures.
•Graduate of an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy:
•Acceptable degrees from an accredited school include: Associates in Respiratory Therapy or Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
•Registered Respiratory Therapist License in this state (required)
•American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required) EXPERIENCE:
•1-3 years of experience as a Respiratory Therapist (preferred)
•Minimum of 1 year of experience for PRN positions
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom