Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
RSA is a part of the Dell Technologies family of brands.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that provides the essential infrastructure for organizations to build their digital future, transform IT and protect their most important asset: information. The company services customers of all sizes across 180 countries , ranging from 98 percent of the Fortune 500 to individual consumers with the industry's most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from the edge to the core to the cloud. Within RSA, We have offices in VA, KS, CA and our Headquarters are in Bedford, MA, We focus in areas of security, Cloud Computing, Big Data analytics, and Mobility.
As a summer intern, you will be working under direct supervision and following established best practices.
• You will provide technical assistance to the development of solutions to a limited variety of software engineering problems of limited scope and complexity.
• You will also have access to all RSA intern events and networking opportunities.
• Design software components to meet product requirements.
• Writes detailed design and functional specifications for product requirements and architectures. Code and unit test software.
• Build and release software at regular intervals.
• Ensure that practical and useable documentation is established and maintained for all developed software (including source code comments).
• Investigate and analyze problems discovered during testing and liaise with other software engineers to resolve issues.
• Respond to defect reports in an efficient, effective and timely manner .
• Maintain working knowledge of the company's software development policies and procedures plus current software development methodologies.
• Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of security related technologies, security vulnerabilities, and secure programming techniques.
• Education: Currently enrolled in a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Ability to operate and lead confidently and constructively with peers and stakeholders.
• Proactive self-starter, delivery focused, results orientated, team player, high professional standards and work ethic, strong-willed but flexible, and capable of making independent decisions
• 0-2 years of software development experience.
• General knowledge of at least one mainstream language, (preferred proficiency in C, C++, or JAVA). Familiarity with scripting language, Perl or Shell Scripting in open systems
• Experience with software development lifecycle frameworks including Agile (Scrum), Waterfall and test driven development desirable.
• Participate in the development life cycle.
• Organized, thorough, and detail-oriented.
• Ability to work within a team environment and work with people with diverse background.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Interns
Job ID: R10103
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.