Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
Receives and processes remittance payments from policyholders and applies to policies, contracts, and/or benefit plans within corporate and legal guidelines.
- Intermediate subject matter expert, subject to general supervision.
- Receives and processes moderate to complex payments from policyholders and applies them to policies, contracts, and/or benefit plans.
- Inputs various forms of payment into systems and ensures payment is processed and properly recorded based upon assigned line of business, account, product area, and/or payment authorization amount.
- Reviews billing history and makes determination, within authorized limits and procedures, to credit remittance, apply, suspend, or refund payment. Investigates billing history and contacts internal administrative units to clarify issues on complex or referred cases and makes appropriate determination.
- Reconciles daily transactions and reports discrepancies, and delinquencies. Researches and resolves billing, collection, or payment methodology problems.
- Receives and responds to telephone and e-mail inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Working knowledge of remittance processing and/or financial services products and provisions preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of business experience with 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Competencies: keyboarding/data entry skills, basic math and computer skills, communicates effectively, detail oriented, uses sound business judgement, problem solving skills, time management and organizational skills.
Global Technology & Operations
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 56843