RSD Product Manager Job Description
Are you a possibility thinker? Do you not only see the future of data center but want to roll up your sleeves to make it happen? Then you might have a home in our team of doers, Jacks and Jane's of all trades, which is expanding the datacenter solutions space. We are a team of highly motivated, experienced and agile thinkers, who are looking for the right person to join us as the Rack Scale Design Product Manager and be the cradle to grave owner of a revolutionary product. In this role, you will interface with senior Business Leaders, Architects and Engineering Managers across Intel to deliver strategic value for Intel through differentiating hardware and software. We are housed within Data Center Solutions Group that is tasked with reinventing the data center of the future. You will need have a good understanding of defining and building full systems utilizing server and platform technologies, hardware, firmware, software as well as creating market requirements documents, feature and scenario creation & prioritization, pricing, competitive and strategic business analysis. In this role, you will be the center of a hub and spoke model of other teams and individuals who will contribute to the lifecycle of your product. Your key responsibility will be delivering a successful product on time with all the supporting elements and you will be communicating the progress as well the risks and mitigation strategies to senior executives along the way. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: -Be one voice on the technology and the solution line to internal stakeholders and customers -Work across a highly matrix'd organization to enable end-to-end solutions for our end customers.-Provide product-related guidance for product planning, market requirements and business strategy-Be the go to person about Intel's high end processor roadmap and how it aligns with the product roadmap-Create presentations that explain the technology and/or the product offerings to a wide variety of audiences: internal and external senior executive and technical talent, field organizations, senior business executives in customer and partner companies-Partner with engineering and architecture teams to shape the product, ensure solution and roadmap feasibility and provide actionable and constructive feedback-Understand customer and partner issues, conduct deep dives to understand issues and opportunities-Ensure that the path to adoption for our customers is "Easy" either through technology definition, support, services and/or financing options-Collect and compare relevant data to our ecosystem and targeted technology offerings and provide stakeholders with data driven recommendations. -Create and craft product-related content, joint technical agreements and review all collateral that is released about the product for accuracy-Evangelize the product across varied audiences, provide support and receive feedback-Support Sales winsQualifications
Inside this Business Group
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent with minimum of 6 years overall experience
- 5 years of experience in systems hardware & software product management
- A leader and strong team player able to work with cross-functional teams, lead and provide clear directions for internal and external partners
- High level project / program management experience
- Demonstrated ability to interact with multi-faceted, matrix teams
- The ideal candidate will have a perspective on the next generation datacenter of the future, datacenter challenges and how we apply Intel and partner technologies to those opportunities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate a certain point of view but highly honed people skills to know when to listen-Leverage a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn new technology concepts quickly
- High energy, entrepreneurial and collaborative attitude
- Good command of presentation preparation tools (Power Point, etc.) and information management tools (Excel, SharePoint, OneNote, etc.)
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.