Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
The food runner or bar back will expedite orders by ensuring product is delivered in a timely and courteous manner to staff or guests of the concessions stands, bars or restaurants as applicable. Inventory management and other duties as assigned by Leadership Team. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintains clean and well-stocked work areas, free from any unnecessary items, throughout shift, and in preparation of opening or closing.
- Obtains and maintains knowledge of all menu items.
- Ensures all orders coming from the kitchen are assembled and complete before prompt delivery to corresponding table, bar or outlet.
- Stock all necessary condiments and utensils, and ensure that clean towels available for wipe downs.
- Assembles and stacks all items for each table separately on trays.
- Communicates with server and kitchen if something is not correct or missing from an order.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all associates and business partners
- Provides a favorable image of the company at all times to include compliance with health code, dressed neatly and well groomed in company approved uniform at all times.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Ability to perform basic arithmetic, basic reading, and writing skills required. KNOWLEDGE:
Carefully adhere to proper lifting techniques. Safety guidelines. EXPERIENCE:
1-2 years of experience preferred. SKILLS:
Able to work under pressure.
When needed, able to work unsupervised.
Good organizational skills.
Ability to make decisions quickly.
Ability to stand and work at a faced paced environment.
Can communicate information accurately.
Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
Ability to work nights/weekends/holidays when needed.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.