ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Repair, replace, or rebuild Onan generators and sub-assemblies and other Cummins equipment at the branch repair shop. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
- Diagnose problem and perform needed repairs.
- Must be able to lay out a job plan and organize the customer's repair.
- Determine if the customer's equipment is subject to warranty.
- Complete work orders with all information and documents necessary to complete invoices and/or warranty claims.
- Must see that correct parts are charged to work order, unused parts are turned back in to the parts department, and warranty parts are tagged and placed in warranty bin.
- Successfully complete all required training courses from Cummins, Inc. and Cummins Southern Plains, Ltd. Continually improve upon mechanical skills through home study courses, service/parts topics, and other schools offered by the Company.
- Participate in keeping shop area clean at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of all Onan/Cummins equipment.
- Must have a valid Texas or Oklahoma driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Possess knowledge of warranty and service programs on Onan/Cummins products.
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Able to make educated decisions.
- Able to troubleshoot and perform any repair without supervision.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the product and basic principles of electricity.
- Must have completed Level I and II Certification Exam.
- Must have an internal drive for customer service and provide an elevated level of service for internal and external customers.
- Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others
WORKING CONDITIONS : Describe extraordinary conditions that are associated with the essential elements of the job (e.g. work space, hazardous conditions, environmental conditions, etc.)
Work outdoors in all types of weather conditions. Frequently work under vehicles and in close quarter of engine components.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .Qualifications:
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.