Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area.Key Responsibilities
- Manage a regional Logistics Team with overall responsibility for oversight of physical Inventory Control
- Support Applied Materials regional business entities by developing, implementing and maintaining logistics processes that comply with US and foreign tax and trade regulations.
- Determination of documentation requirements throughout the supply chain including the third party logistics provider.
- Identify opportunities for Continuous Improvement of inbound and outbound material movements
- Ensure compliance and control to Quality Standards
- Development and delivery of process training across all levels of staff
- Development of process effectiveness metrics
- Weekly review of process exceptions at regional or global level
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.