Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.Description
Manage and support a team of Data Management and Coding professionals to efficiently deliver and meet customer requirements. Provide data management expertise and leadership to the team in the area of Project Management to deliver quality clinical data on time for clinical studies.
- Manage a team of professional data management and/or coding staff. Size of team could vary depending on the data management function.
- Define resource requirements and work with supervisor to prioritize resource assignments across projects.
- Directly responsible for utilization of staff.
- Participate in recruitment of new staff.
- Assess and document competency of staff to satisfy position responsibilities.
- Regularly set goals, evaluate and document performance.
- Propose promotion and termination actions.
- Implement department or office objectives.
- Provide review and guidance for production of coding deliverables including coding tool design .Set-up programming and validation of data management deliverables to internal and external customers.
- Provide technical advice and solutions with internal and external customers to solve problems and improve efficiency.
- Participate in the implementation of new processes and technology.
- Identify and address professional development/training needs of staff.
- Ensure that staff is trained and compliant with current operating procedures and work instructions and project scope of work.
- Mentor staff members to develop coding processes and system expertise.
- With non-established customers, provide operational input into proposals and scope of work; participate in bid defences.
- May serve as an account lead, or internal or external point of contact on standalone coding studies or accounts. Manage the customer relationship for the project team including active participation in customer negotiations on timelines, budgetary, and other issues.
- Understand scope of work, budget, and scope assumptions.
- Identify out-of-scope work and contribute to estimating associated cost.
- Ensure project milestones pertaining to Data Management Functions are met according to agreed-upon timelines, within budget and to the quality expectation.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems.
- Approve actions on human resources matters.
- Advanced knowledge of Data Management processes and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Medical coding processes and Dictionaries used for coding (e.g. MedDRA, WHODD, ICD9, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of Medical Terminology, Pharmacology, Anatomy, and Physiology required for many tasks.
- Good project management skills related to all phases of clinical studies.
- Understand and interpret financial management concepts.
- Knowledge of operating procedures and work instructions and the ability to apply them in practice.
- Excellent understanding of Drug Development Process and Data Management's relevance to it.
- Excellent understanding of database technologies related to data management and coding.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work on computer systems with ease and good working knowledge of computer programs.
- Ability to exercise excellent attention to detail.
- Act independently with the initiative required to resolve problems.
- Able to present information effectively to individuals and groups.
- Able to make independent decisions within scope of authority and considers the impact of decisions on other groups and people.
- Able to motivate and lead teams to reach defined objectives.
- Effective team management skills including conflict resolution, delegation and change management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients.
Bachelor's degree, or educational equivalence in pharmacy, life sciences or related field or medical, nursing qualification with 5 years of relevant work experience in a function similar to Data Management or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience. (any specific physical attributes or limiting factors to be accounted for)
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive need to view computer screen for extended periods of time.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!We invite you to join IQVIA™.