S&OP Manager "Mid-Term Planning Specialist" Vegetable Seed Supply Chain Oxnard, CA
Monsanto has a very exciting & unique opportunity for a S&OP Manager
within our Vegetable division based in Oxnard, CA . In this role, you will have the unbelievable opportunity to work on an entirely new demand planning discipline/structure/framework and integrate a corresponding new software for a Fortune 500 company. Positions with this level of visibility, impact and professional development are few and far between.
In the past, Monsanto's vegetable seed division has used a standard S&OP planning model. Like most, we approached planning from the 10,000 foot view. We are now embracing the next evolution is demand planning by moving to an Integrated Business Planning (IBP) model
. IBP reviews all components of organizations at a micro level though compartmentalized dialog regarding supply & demand within those smaller teams. Then, it reconciles that information with macro implications at the leadership level. The goal is to determine critical levers that allow for short-term (0-3 months) agility while still stabilizing and maintaining Mid-Term (4-24 months) and LRP supply chain goals.
This open role is focused specifically on the Mid-Term planning segment (4-24months). As the Mid-Term Planning Specialist
("MTP Specialist") you will be an expert and champion of the IBP process and tools that support the complete IBP cycle. As a facilitator, you will lead the integrated reconciliation step of the IBP process. The MTP Specialist will team with cross-functional partners to ensure that IBP process governance is in place to ensuring continuous improvement and maturity of the process. The MTP Specialist is also responsible for ensuring timely and accurate information for the Regional Management Business Review (MBR).
As the MTP Specialist, you will create a comprehensive overview of work stream meetings for each vegetable crop family (leafy, brassica, cucurbits ext) and perform existing and expected supply reviews with these teams. You will then evaluate demand reviews based on each geographical region. Using this information, you will "tell the story" of how supply & demand in this overlaid model effect the commercial and financial standing of the company as a whole.
- At this point in our IBP transition, you will use a variety of reporting systems, many of which are fairly manual as they are being custom developed to fit the unique needs of crop/seed demand planning.
- We are moving to Steel Wedge reporting software.
- Applicants should have a good understanding of ERP and MRP systems or other planning software (SAP/JDE ext.).
Monsanto is one of the largest companies in the world dedicated to the development, growth and marketing of Agriculture seeds. We strive to develop hybrids that improve nutrition, boost crop yields, limit spoilage, optimize water & climate variables and reduce the need for chemicals and other inputs. We are committed to consistently introducing innovative products for our customers. It's amazing to consider that improving human health, promoting environmental stewardship and fostering greater economic growth for the agricultural community can all start with something as small as a seed. Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience:
- Coordinate and facilitate Integrated Business Plan Mid-Term (IBP MT) process, including recommending and overseeing improvements across product/portfolio, demand and supply planning
- Participate in the Product Review, Demand Review and Supply Review meetings for the US/Canada market-
- Functional responsibility (Product Review, Supply Review, Demand Review) providing process support, ensuring consistency and efficiency across the teams/meetings
- When applicable, participate in Control Tower meetings as well as Financial Forecast process
- Lead & Facilitate Regional Area IR process, generating requirements and insights for regional MBR including decision-making for escalated issue
- Participate in the Leadership Teams of their IBP area of responsibility to ensure IBP is not a side process but just an integrated process into the day to day work on the company (Marketing/PM, Supply Planning, Demand Planning)
- Oversee development of IBP MT policies, processes, key performance indicators and education/training packages
- Accountable for the IBP MT Process Performance, proper evaluation and action plan for continuous improvement. Monitored by KPI's (dashboard).
- Responsible to provide high quality monthly Executive Reports for Regional and Global dashboards.
- Strong connection with the Leadership teams in order to influence excellence in IBP
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in Logistics/Operations/Supply Planning
- Seed business or agriculture experience is a plus but we have many successful members of this team from outside of the Agriculture industry.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain planning processes and systems
- Experience or knowledge of Integrated Business Planning approach a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft programs such as Excel, Power Point and Word
- SAP knowledge or similar ERPs
- Fluency in Spanish would be a plus
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.