IBM is transforming to lead. Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works.
We are looking for a strong analytical and technically minded individual who is passionate about coding and learning new technologies to be a part of our Commerce Development team. This exciting opportunity will enable you to be a part of SaaS operations being used as an example across IBM. You will gain exposure to multiple departments and many types of operations across the business.
The successful candidate will act as a developer to document, modify, and develop in several different areas including Web based (PHP, SOAP, XML) and Microsoft based (VB, SQL Server) environments.
- Provide technical guidance and input to MIS Business Analysts as they develop Business Requirements Documents and Functional Design Specifications.
- Collaborate with MIS management to set platform(s) and technical guidance.
- Ability to balance multiple initiatives during any one time period.
- Based on supplied Functional Design Specifications create Technical Design Specifications (including application and data flow charts using documentation templates)
- Document program modifications
- Maintain/Manage Technical Documentation for all modified and custom applications
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Based on documented Technical Design Specifications write new program code using prescribed specifications.
- Develop multiple integrations between disparate systems.
- Test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Develop and Test programming modifications.
- Evaluate interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of MIS management.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.