This is an exciting opportunity to become a key member of the growing RR Donnelley Driver Services team. As part of the Compliance team you will be responsible for maintaining records for RR Donnelley’s regulatory, vendor, and Independent Contactor driver compliance programs. The successful candidate will organize, coordinate and audit all safety activity for RRD private fleet operations. This will include making sure all drivers are compliant with all federal and state DOT regulations, including hours of service. Donnelley Logistics is passionate about our people, our philosophy, and our success. This is your chance to join a team who has been exceeding expectations for over 150 years!
- Ensure compliance to State, Federal and local laws for all assigned facilities.
- Oversee all safety programs for assigned facilities and prepare RRD Metric Reports, Task Tracker Records, EH&S reporting.
- Regularly audit driver logs, record keeping, driver work practices, equipment conditions, etc. to ensure compliance with company policy and DOT regulations. Reconcile driver trip sheets against driver logs on daily basis.
- Ensure vendor/carrier drivers meet established company requirements & supply corporate office with vendor/carrier information.
- Maintain separate, up to date DOT driver lists for both employees and IC’s that includes: driver’s license type (CDL A, CDL B etc.) license expiration date, med card expiration date, last MVR date, vehicle info – year, make, model, plate #, and GVW, additional insured info (IC’s only), and vehicle insurance limits and expiration dates (IC’s only).
- Report and investigate all safety-related events (incidents, accidents, citations, and injuries) to determine causation and develop preventative action plans.
- Ensure all drivers are compliant with assigned training and facilitate driver positive counseling sessions, when necessary.
- Ensure all vehicles have proper signage
- Ensure Independent Contractor drivers meet minimum company established compliance requirements.
- Review company vehicle schedule on regular basis and work with operations to ensure accuracy
- Conduct monthly safety meetings with driving staff to reinforce that safety remains the top priority within our operation. Additionally, develop a regular reporting cadence with leadership regarding fleet safety performance.
- Complete new driver training specific to safety and compliance.
- Conduct initial defensive driving training for all drivers. Conduct recurrent training after an accident, and on an annual basis.
- Meet with California Highway Patrol for the CSA inspections at assigned locations and ensure RR Donnelley is DOT compliant at each location.
- Driver recruitment
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by facility management
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.