Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Senior safety and environment leader responsible for the safety and environmental performance for a group of manufacturing locations in North America. Position will be b ased at a major Schneider US location like Dallas, Chicago, Nashville or Boston.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Provide safety and environmental leadership and expertise for a group of nine manufacturing locations in the US/Mexico.
- Direct and guide the plant-level safety and environment managers to drive a consistent safety culture, performance improvement and full compliance with all Schneider policies, directives and mandates.
- As a member of the leadership team, promote employee engagement and collaboration to improve the safety culture.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with national, state and local regulations. Interact with regulatory agencies, as appropriate
- Support OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001/50001 certifications, as required.
- Oversee the incident/accident investigation process including root cause analysis and ensure corrective actions are completed and verified effective per required timeline.
- Lead and participate in environmental/sustainability programs: energy, water and waste reduction programs; support the Zero Waste to Landfill program.
- Conduct risk assessments and audits; participate in external and/or global compliance audits, customer audits and loss prevention audits; ensure timely completion of corrective actions and drive continuous improvement.
- Monitor appropriate leading/lagging metrics, evaluate data trending, and provide data input to management reviews, with a view to continuous improvement and enhancement of safety performance.
- Develop and conduct training programs to comply with regulatory and internal Schneider requirements.
- Mentor, develop and grow site-level safety and environment managers.
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.Qualifications:
• Minimum of 15 years of progressive safety & environmental experience in a manufacturing environment is required, including demonstrated leadership and managing teams of safety professionals.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple manufacturing locations in a leadership position.
• Bachelor degree in occupational safety, sciences, engineering or related field is required. Post graduate qualification in safety, health, or related field (engineering or sciences) is strongly desired.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent is strongly desired.
• Expertise in electrical safety, management systems, behavior-based safety or ergonomics is desired.
• Thorough understanding of safety, occupational health and environmental regulations is required.
• Ability to motivate and influence others (including managers/supervisors) to achieve safety & environmental objectives is important.
• Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills. Willingness to take ownership of issues and win buy-in of others.
• 20-25% travel in the US/Canada/Mexico.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.