Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. What do you get to do in this position?
This position is accountable for the, implementation, and management of Schneider Electric’s safety and environment protection programs for the Canadian Services team. The position will ensure the safety of Schneider Electric field service employees while working on customer sites and broader safety initiatives across the business. The position could be located in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver BC, or Montreal.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Assures legal compliance with Country, State/Provincial, local, safety and environmental regulations.
- Manages and maintains COR Certification where applicable
- Assesses and minimizes the risk of injury to Schneider Electric employees and/or liabilities arising out of accidents or environmental exposures in or associated with the work place and the communities in which Schneider Electric operates.
- Assures that operating and service locations/personnel are complying with established Schneider Electric safety and environmental principles/ standards/requirements, as well as any customer-specific requirements.
- Influence the leaders in the Service part of the business to drive continuous improvement in the safety and environmental agendas/priorities.
- Create and distribute accurate reports and score cards
- Energize and motivate remote and lone workers to work safely
Tasks to be performed (not all inclusive):
1. Contributes to and implements safety, accident loss control and environmental protection plans to cover short-range operating periods of one to five years and goals for continuous improvement. Manages COR Certification program.
2. Provides professional technical assistance and motivation in the formulation, continuation and adoption of safety, accident loss control, environmental
protection, property conservation, security, and motor vehicle safety programs.
3. Maintains bench marking standards that will permit meaningful measurement of effort to meet safety & environmental objectives.
4. Develops and delivers in person safety & environmental protection training programs and materials required to qualify Service personnel in the areas of electrical and general safety competence, plan implementation and training, and motivational techniques.
5. Maintains a safety/environmental liability data base that will provide statistics necessary to analyze and evaluate the capabilities of individual and organization wide in safety and environmental protection operations at any stage of the development of such operations.
5. Reviews and maintains third party contractor and subcontractor prequalification programs.
6. Provides both assistance and backup for the various assignments of safety and environmental projects.
7. Assesses and report on environmental liabilities and assists local offices in the investigation of Near Hit, Property, Automobile, and employee incidents and the processing of investigation reports.
8. Conducts on-site safety audits in accordance with Company’s requirements and regulations; analyzing work practices to determine safe and efficient methods of performing work.
9. Develops safe work practices, required PPE and performs audits against the same.
10. Provide technical input on safety and environmental aspect of customer bids and responds to customer inquiries. Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
Experience & Qualifications
- Safe work practice experience in electrical equipment service and maintenance based on Z462 Electrical safe work practices.
- Construction safety management experience is desired.
- Familiarity with third party pre-qualification process (ISNETworld, PICS, DISA) is a plus.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of Canadian safety and occupational health regulations is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, initiate and implement Safety & Environment plans from a wider strategy.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence others (including supervisors) to achieve Safety & Environmental objectives is critical.
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills. Willingness to take ownership of issues and win buy-in of others.
- Bachelor degree in occupational safety, sciences or engineering with minimum of 10 years of progressive safety experience is required.
- The position requires approximately 50% travel.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.