Adecco is currently assisting a local client in recruiting for a Safety & Equipment Coordinator position in Fresno, CA! This is a temporary assignment that will last 3 - 4 months, with a possibility of a temp-to-hire opportunity. The hours will be Monday - Friday from 6:00AM - 3:30PM. Apply now if you meet the qualifications listed below!
The Safety & Equipment Coordinator shall be responsible for assisting two department administrators, Safety and Equipment. Providing support to the company's Safety Program requires a working knowledge of both Cal/OSHA and Federal OSHA standards and how they apply to the company's work practices. Generally operating in the field, the Coordinator shall conduct job inspections for site and worker safety compliance, as well as inspection of equipment to ensure proper maintenance compliance is executed. This position requires a general understanding of the operation and maintenance requirements for various forms of equipment.
• Working on a 20 megawatt project
• Driving to medical services, in the event an employee is injured
• Develop and enforce OSHA policies
• Conducts job site safety analysis, audits and inspections
• Procurement and Issuance of safety equipment
• Investigates all injuries, incidents and illnesses; determines root cause
• Documents all materials used by data sheets
• Intervene in unsafe activities or operations
• Ensure periodic inspections
• Ensure that quarterly safety training and all other specifically required training is provided for all employees
• Supports operations for the Designated Operator Program
• High School Diploma
• First Aid is required
• EMT is preferred but not required
• Formal safety training and/or certifications
• 2-3 years construction experience preferred
• Valid driver's license
• Clean DMV record
• MS Office: Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Safety Experience/Acumen: Working knowledge of Cal/OSHA and Fed/OSHA standards and how they apply to work practices.
• Communication Skills: Written and Verbal: Talking to others to convey information effectively and communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting and inappropriate times.
• Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Click on Apply now to be considered for this Safety & Equipment Coordinator position in Fresno, CA or any related opportunities with Adecco!
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.