Safety & Performance Standards Manager (Job Number: 024727)
Corporate Office - 106 WILMOT RD
106 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for managing the execution of projects consistent with the development, adaptation and deployment of the Unified Design Standards for stores. Ensures compliance with quality control procedures. Develops knowledge of building architecture, engineering, and interior design guidelines and protocols according to state and local jurisdictional mandates, Company standards and best practices to ensure appropriate design of retail and non-retail buildings. Job Responsibilities
- Continuously improves processes and works with internal and external business partners to value engineers in order to optimize total cost of ownership.
- Works cross-functionally both within and outside the division, working in small teams to decrease total cost of ownership for the Company while accomplishing internal goals and delivering on results.
- Subject matter expert in the negotiation consultant contracts and lead teams of licensed building design professionals retained for the development of the Company Unified Design Standards.
- Creates and maintains Company Unified Design Standards, which is comprised of Design Guidelines, Brand Guidelines, Architecture and Engineering Standards, Building Criteria, Specifications, and Technical Manuals.
- Responsible for applying value engineering principals to lifecycle costs and occupancy costs through our Company Unified Design Standards.
- Reports on progress and uses analytics lessons learned, and best practices from prior projects to re-inject learning's into the Company Unified Design Standards.
- Subject Matter Expert in the stated discipline supporting current technical needs and requirements to the overall development program assuring best in class design.
- Brings deep understanding and innovation to future enhancements within stated discipline and expertise.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture and/or Design OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in Project Management, Construction Management, Architecture and/or Design.
- At least 3 years of experience managing and working with construction and engineering practices including budgeting, estimating and scheduling.
- At least 3 years of experience working with construction plans and specifications.
- At least 3 years of experience working with architectural/site plan design, including items such as cost and quality control, material/equipment installation, bidding practices, material and labor costs.
- Experience with CAD Software.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- At least 1 year of experience in building, maintaining and managing (<$0.5m) capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience working with and/or establishing construction budgets and building systems.
- At least 2 years of experience managing teams in a matrixed environment, managing external resources, and/or developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant safety and performance compliance work experience
- Experience in retail/ healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated experience with and application of various U.S., Canadian, and other International product safety standards, i.e., UL, CE, IEC, ANSI is preferred.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies safety and performance standards and criteria, and develops and manages protocols and procedures for evaluating and documenting compliance.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of Company Unified Design Standards, in particular in the development and documentation of various Architecture and Engineering Standards, Building and Product Criteria, Specifications and Technical Manuals.
- Participated in period visits and evaluation of vendor manufacturing facilities to validate capabilities, QA/ QC protocols and general compliance with identified requirements and protocols.
- Interaction with customers and compliance agencies to discuss project scope and management, technical issues, explain procedures and requirements, resolve technical issues
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.