Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Safety Coordinator for our Ellisville, MS location. Safety Coordinator
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, EAP, Hearing Conservation, Hot Work, Respiratory Protection, BBP, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by HSE manager.
- Comply with all Company and HSE procedures and policies.
- Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Associate Degree in Occupational, Health & Safety sciences preferred or minimum of 2 years experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety position; Technical writing a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional Organizational skills
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.