At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking a Safety Engineer for the Stationery Office & Supplies Division Plant located in Hutchinson, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Safety Engineer
will be a member of the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) team. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads incident investigations impacting safety, health, environment, fires, and releases.
- Implement comprehensive safety programs consisting of such components as 24 hour safety, behavior based safety, safety committees, risk assessments, etc.
- Participates in and/or lead EHS audits and/or self-assessments. Develop and present training packages.
- Supports site-wide safety programs, systems, processes, process safety management.
- Actively apply engineering /scientific knowledge to EHS regulatory interpretation, EHS considerations for Management of Change, and EHS impact reduction.
- Willingness to be on-call for emergencies.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a manufacturing or safety consulting environment
- Master's degree in Industrial Safety, Loss Prevention or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience in implementing Safety systems and programs in a manufacturing site
- Strong communications skills (oral, written and presentation) with the ability to influence at all levels
- Experience working on a cross functional team
- Microsoft Office proficient
Hutchinson, MN Travel:
May include up to 5% domestic Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.