Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Key Responsibilities
- Working under general supervision, specifies, provides and manages Safety support on specified projects in accordance with AMAT policies and government regulations in order to control hazards to personnel and equipment and limit liability to the company. Develop and/or implements programs to minimize risk to employees, customer and the environment. Responsible for one or more of the company's EH&S functions (Product Safety, Site Safety, Lab Safety, Field Service Safety, Environmental, I.H., Ergonomics, etc.) as it relates to a specific division products, processes or work methods
- Coordinates the safety aspects of operations and engineering within the company, with customers and other organizations which are related to operations and products and their design. Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge base regarding safety in accordance with area of specialization and expertise in one or more EH&S disciplines that include: Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, Facilities/Industrial Safety, Product Safety, Lab Safety and Sustainability.
- Develop skills to report and present safety related status and issues to EH&S team and business groups. Implements focused, effective programs aimed at resolving customer concerns and complaints regarding safety designed into new products, and ensures that products meet safety requirements at time of shipment. Report and present safety related status and issues to EH&S team and business groups. Participates in the evaluation and analysis of concept and feasibility studies. Implements focused, effective programs aimed at resolving customer concerns and complaints regarding safety designed into new products, and ensures that products meet safety requirements at time of shipment
- Develops and/or implements programs to minimize risk to employees, customer and the environment. Gathers EH&S information and evaluates results. Knowledgeable in understanding of EHS standards and policies.
- Participates in compliance evaluation of products, programs, and facilities per company and governmental requirements. Participates in the evaluation and analysis of concept and feasibility studies. Performs product/system safety analysis on components, subsystems, and systems. Prepares periodic and special reports in connection with engineering studies and projects and from liaison with other companies and outside organizations. Investigates accidents and specifies corrective action programs
Manage 3rd party Product Safety tool assessments and drive corrective actions within the various internal organizations.
- Evaluates and specifies work methods, design requirements, procedures and policies. Gathers EHS information and evaluates results. Administers EH&S safety training programs.
- Participates in compliance evaluation of products, programs, and facilities per company and governmental requirements. Investigates accidents and specifies corrective action. Able to use 8D, FMEA, PHA and other investigation and assessment methods.
- Has working knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements, codes and standard in their EH&S discipline. Evaluates and specifies work methods, design requirements, procedures and policies.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.