Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Manager
Do you want to work with iconic brands like Breyers, TRESemmé, Klondike, Dove, Talenti, Good Humor, and Axe? Are you a Safety professional who wants to really have an impact on Safety strategy and improvement plans to contribute to sustainable SHE excellence?
We are known for our Unilever Sustainable Living Plan that is our blueprint for achieving our business goals while reducing our environmental footprint in half and in this role, you can be an integral part of this plan. You will oversee one of our plants and deploy both global and regional strategies, policies and standards.
What you’ll be doing:
· Drive safety and environment risk assessment and develop/implement appropriate controls.
· Reduce the site’s environmental impact in the areas of COD, hazardous & non-hazardous waste, SOx & CO 2 emissions and water & energy consumption.
· Deploy Manufacturing Excellence in all SHE deliverables.
· Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management.
· Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and standards, provide advice on national SHE legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies.
· Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks that may lead to occupational ill health.
· Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis.
· Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations.
· Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behaviour observations and deep compliance audits.
· Develop and deploy internal SHE auditing and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Unilever organisations as required.
· Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs.
What you’ll get:
· Competitive compensation package including base salary & bonus structure.
· Medical & Dental Plans.
· Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children.
· Health Care Flexible Spending.
· Dependent Care.
· 401k Savings Plans.
· Tuition Reimbursement.
· Paid Vacation and Holidays.
What qualifications you need to have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or equivalent industrial experience.
· At least 5 years’ experience in a Safety, Health & Environmental role in a manufacturing facility.
· A previous role directly managing the work of other SHE team members.
· Proven record of accomplishment of analytical thinking and project management.
· Influencing skills observation, influencing and auditing skills.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries. Working to create a better future every day, we help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. In the United States and Canada, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Becel, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Fruttare, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, TIGI, TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Our ambition is to double the size of our business, while reducing our overall environmental footprint (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal) and increasing our positive social impact. We are committed to helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, sourcing all our agricultural raw materials sustainably by 2020, and decoupling our growth from our environmental impact. Supporting our three big goals, we have defined seven pillars, underpinned by targets encompassing social, environmental and economic areas. See more on the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan at http://www.unileverusa.com/sustainable-living/ .
Unilever employs approximately 11,500 people across North America – generating more than $10 billion in sales in 2013. For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com or www.unilever.ca .
Unilever is committed to ensure that its products are compliant with legislation and that clear information is provided on their use and any risks that are associated with their use.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Unilever takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.