Safety, Health and Environmental Supervisor
We are actively seeking a Safety, Health and Environmental Supervisor to provide support in our Covington, TN factory location. The Incumbent will oversee the development, implementation, and management of the sites Safety, Health and Environmental systems to ensure regulatory compliance and to achieve continual improvement in terms of performance and cost effectiveness. Supports plant operations by educating employees and administering and monitoring safety, health and environmental systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all personnel working in the facility. Promotes organizational compliance with all safety, health and environmental regulations. Performs duties and responsibilities for the business consistent with company goals and business unit Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to include safety, quality, productivity and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates all activities and required audits to insure full compliance with OSHA, EPA local permit regulations and Unilever framework standards and cascades the site’s Safety, Health and Environmental Program in a functional and effective manner to the site management team and throughout the organization.
- Advises and assists the site’s management, production leaders and employees on Safety, Health and Environmental related issues.
- Serves as the site SHE Pillar Champion and directs the Safety Committee in all safety activities including training, People Centered Safety initiatives, monthly facility safety audits, LOTO verification, SHE Audits and site assessments.
- Conducts Employee Orientations by providing the new hires and transferred employees with required Safety, Health and Environmental training.
- Communicates Safety, Health and Environmental information on a regular basis to the sites’ management team and workforce in order to keep the site informed.
- Manages the workers’ compensation program in accordance with the Unilever Workers’ Compensation Protocols and Guidelines, conducting quarterly claims review meetings with the workers’ compensation administrator, communicates with health care providers and employees as needed.
- Develops and maintains accurate statistics and reports on work related injuries, at risk behaviors, hazards and losses in order to identify trends that require corrective actions.
- Documents safety data for required company and regulatory reporting.
- Conducts and documents regular Safety, Environmental and EPA Audits of the facility to ensure compliance with safety rules, procedures and OSHA regulations.
- Coordinates the investigation of accidents and incidents that occur at the site in accordance with established procedures to determine root causes and recommends corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Responds to fires, inclement weather and other emergency situations, using the appropriate procedures for the safety of employees and property.
- Participates on teams established to work on special Safety, Health and Environmental projects.
- Develops Safety, Health and Environmental Standard Operating Procedures and conducts annual reviews for revisions.
- Develop and implement procedures that meet or exceed regulatory requirements including: Lockout/Tagout, Machine Guarding, Confined Space Entry, Emergency Response, Fire Prevention, Waste Water Management, Hazardous Waste Management, Chemical Hazard Communication, PSM (process safety management) Hearing Conservation, PPE and Forklift Operation. Review plans and machine specifications for new machinery or processes to determine if all SHE issues are properly addressed.
- Works with management on creating special events and programs that help stimulate and maintain the Safety and Health interest of employees.
- Maintains follow-up process to ensure completion of key safety and health requirements, recommendations and initiatives.
- Represents the organization at Unilever SHE conferences and Community of Practices workshops.
- Maintains professional associations in efforts of keeping the organization knowledgeable of state and federal regulations.
- Conducts noise and air quality sampling testing as necessary.
- Monitors the on-site waste treatment facility (Ecovation) to insure they are operating within permit limits; maintains environmental permits and records for wastewater discharge, storm water, hazardous waste disposal, air discharges, spill prevention, well water permit and certified hazardous shipper; monitors track and reports monthly Proforma, Enviro KPI and effluent data; and monitors, track and conducts EPA Tier II and Form R reporting. This area represents 45% of the positions responsibilities.
- Develop and implement “Power to conserve Program/Modules.
- Coordinate and/or conduct required annual Safety and Environmental training.
- Conduct task hazard analyses for PPE, guarding, new installations and non-routine tasks.
- Responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of the Safety/Training Facilitator to insure maximum utilization in supporting SHE activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 5 years of related safety, environmental and training experience.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please Note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.