Are you ready to lead a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Safety Incident Manager based in Toledo, OH!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
The Safety Incident Manager will be responsible for loss control prevention, reporting, investigation and follow-up relative to vehicle accidents, associate injuries, property damage, good catch safety incidents and customer complaints/incidents involving Great Lakes supplied products.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will have:
- Incident management - total involvement from start to finish assuring accurate reporting and documentation, utilizing root cause analysis to determine true incident causation to formulating corrective and preventive actions to avoid reoccurrence.
- First contact in the investigation and recording of work related and non- work related injuries and vehicle incidents, as well as provides direction to injured workers and supervisors regarding medical evaluation and treatment of any injuries ranging from 1st Aid to Advanced Life Support.
- Claims management: create claims file; enter Doctors and clinic reports, enter photos & field reports, follow up on investigations, and evaluates the injury and assesses job duties to ensure reasonable accommodation is being made.
- Investigate complaints from workers of potential unsafe work conditions.
- Manage reporting such as; OSHA recordkeeping (300 Log), environmental reports including Storm Water and Air Monitoring permits, investigation and tracking of Good Catch Incidents, and other reporting as needed.
- Responds to Pre-Qualification requests from business partners, clients and regulatory agencies.
- Provides training or schedules training by others to satisfy requirements. Assures that safety meeting attendance and subject matter are properly documented in accordance with Airgas procedures and federal agencies. (DOT, OSHA, CGMP, FDA).
- Advises VP of Safety of compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Performs facility safety inspections including initial ergonomic workplace assessments, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective/preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Formulates general safety policies and procedures to be followed by company or plant personnel in compliance with local, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules that will assist in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs by making suggestions for corrective actions for deficiencies found as a result of facility reviews/audits, along with specific projection dates for approved necessary corrections utilizing project trackers
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
- Bachelor's degree in a related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience in a related field will be accepted.
- Minimum five years of workers compensation and safety management experience, preferably in a distribution or industrial environment, and experience working with third party administrators, legal counsel and outside agencies.
- Workers Compensation Claims Administration Certificate preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills including the ability to effectively present and discuss technical information and respond to questions from employees, government agency representatives, and customers.
- Computer literate with Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to define and solve problems dealing with a variety of both abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of advanced industry terminology and how to successfully adjudicate medical claims.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of workers compensation laws, policies and procedures.
- Employee will regularly be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Employee will regularly be required to transverse through office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information.
- Requires use of computer, telephone and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Moderate travel within the Great Lakes region; 20% of the time
- Minimal overnight stays.
- Job requires visitation to various Airgas and customer sites, which have varying environments / conditions, layouts and accessibility.
- Reliable transportation, current driver's license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.