Provides assigned locations with the requisite guidance, oversight, and assistance to ensure the locations have a culture of safety and are striving towards zero incidents. Also ensures locations operate in full regulatory compliance with all applicable DOT & OSHA requirements and in a manner consistent with Airgas policies & procedures.
Conducts regular location visits to train and evaluate drivers as well as Branch audits at each location. Prepares timely concise reports to the Branch leadership, appropriate regional and corporate personnel, so as to remedy and/or escalate identified issues. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direction & supervision to the Safety Supervisors assigned within area of responsibility.
- Trains new Safety Supervisors in policies, procedures, programs and systems
- Ensures new drivers receive the required safety training timely. Resolves scheduling issues by reassigning the training to another Safety Supervisor or by personally conducting the training.
- Tracks performance of drivers through DriveCam, SmithSafe calls & accidents to determine the effectiveness of training provided. Identifies issues and provides recommendations for improvement
- Verifies branch audits, driver evaluations, and driver training programs are conducted timely by the Safety Supervisors. Ensures required follow-up has occurred
- Actively participates in weekly Region conference calls. Effectively communicates safety activities, results, and initiatives to the group.
- Participates in Incident Review committee to determine preventability of incidents and corrective action to prevent recurrence
- Provides claims management guidance to Branch Managers to ensure injured associates receive proper medical care and return to normal job duties as soon as possible.
Performs duties at assigned locations:
Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS Experience
- Assist with on-boarding new drivers. This will consist of two days conducting classroom training & exercises and a minimum of 1 day with the new driver running his route to evaluate & coach. Additional on-route time maybe required depending on the drivers performance. In junction with the Branch & Region Manager, the Area Safety Supervisor will determine if the driver is ready to begin driver with the branch "driver trainer" or if the new driver is to be released.
Minimum of 5 years safety related experience with a strong emphasis coaching and training drivers. College degree required.
- Smith System certified or the ability to be certified within 30 days of start date and a working knowledge of DOT & OSHA regulations.
- Ability to effectively work with operations management and fleet operating personnel (including drivers, maintenance personnel, etc.). Comfortable with training program delivery in front of groups.
- Ability to learn use of standard MS desktop (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Must have collaborative, consultative and team oriented approach. Ability to travel 60%.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.