At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need a Safety Manager that will be a solid contributor and leader. They will report to the Director of Safety & Risk Management and will be based out of the Lehi, UT Corporate facility. The Safety Manager will oversee all aspects of the Safety Program in the following states: AZ, UT, NM, MA, PA, NY, NJ, CT, SC, FL, and MD. The position will require approximately 30% travel.
- Manage the Random Safety Inspection Program
- Drive and promote safety culture across the organization
- Ensure safety polices and procedures are being administered consistently across the organization.
- Ensure OSHA and other state laws are being followed.
- Work with local management to drive key safety KPI's
- Resolve issues for Vivint Solar and help to promote savings and efficiency for the company
- Manage all Regional Safety Techs on the East Coast.
- Conduct routine safety trainings.
- Meet with key leaders of the organization to promote safety and help reduce accidents.
- Ability to communicate effectively across several different levels in the organization.
- Must know how to handle problems quickly and efficiently.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Self-motivated with a desire to create new projects and work with little supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively with other departments and within own department
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required
- 6+ years of experience in a related field
- 4+ years of management experience required
- Safety Specific certifications/trainings preferred
- Intermediate to advance MS Excel Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and MapPoin
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.