Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search to fill a Safety Manager position in Georgia, VT. This is a direct placement opportunity. As a Safety Manager you will own the full spectrum of Employee Health Safety (EHS) programs and activities at the facility and is responsible for accomplishing the facilities annual EHS system improvement plan to increase the facilities capability to prevent occupational injuries and adverse environmental events; ensuring compliance with governmental regulations, corporate policies, recognized best practices and corporate EHS initiatives including environmental sustainability and contributing to the overall success of the facility as a member of the facilities safety and environmental leadership teams.
Apply Now if you meet the qualifications listed below!
• Plans, develops and implements safety programs, while ensuring a safe work place for all employees
• Conducts training as needed to ensure compliance with all applicable OSHA standards and to improve the focus on safety
• Implements necessary actions that correct any volatile conditions and maintain compliance with OSHA standards
• Maintains a current knowledge of all OSHA regulations, new equipment and facility layout to ensure safe operations
• Provides knowledge and expertise for compliance with key governmental regulations including OSHA/VOSHA, EPA, and other state and local regulations
• Ensures compliance with safety and health regulations and policies, including but not limited to: Hazard Communication, Hearing Conservation, Respiratory Protection, Lockout/Tag out, Confined Space Entry, Electrical Safety, Personal Protective Equipment, Emergency Action Plan, Bloodborne Pathogens, etc.
• Develops effective safety education programs for manager and supervisors
• Develops and implements motivational and incentive programs that promote high degree of safety awareness
• Investigates work-related injuries and illnesses, implements actions that prevent reoccurrence and prepares required reports and record keeping
• Performs industrial hygiene tests and conducts regular safety inspections
• Coordinates and leads the joint management safety committee
• Serve as the primary interface with OSHA on all compliance and enforcement actions
• Develops and maintains safety performance metrics, statistics, records, injury reporting and record keeping systems
• Provides information, signs, posters, barriers and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions
• Conduct safety audits
• Maintains and updates Safety Manual and trains employees on the Safety Manual
• Actively participate and support the 5S process within the work area on a daily basis.
• Other duties will be assigned as required.
Qualifications &Knowledge Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Management or equivalent experience
• Minimum of five years demonstrated EHS management experience in a manufacturing environment
• OSHA HAZWOPER training 29CFR 1910.120
• Knowledgeable in state, federal and local agencies, laws and regulations
• Aware of OSHA/VOSHA standards
• Must be self-motivated
• Team player with good analytical skills
• Need to be organized and pay attention to details and documentation
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Needs to work well with people
• Some understanding of machinery or mechanical aptitude
• Ability to lead, direct and grow direct reports
• Excellent computer software skills and expert level in Microsoft Excel, Office, Word, PowerPoint and Access
• Incident investigation expertise including Root Cause Analysis or Five Why Analysis
• Experience in implementing OSHA Standards, developing safety programs and systems
• Able to work under pressure of high-paced work environment
Work is normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment and throughout a heated manufacturing and warehouse facility. Exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of light manufacturing, shipping and receiving, and normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of job duties.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Be able to lift objects commonly found in offices, up to 50 lbs.
• Able to travel locally occasionally
• Able to work at a computer for long periods of time
• Able to work additional hours as needed. (Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.)
• Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing and speaking English language) to perform the duties efficiently
• Able to work full-time, including early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed
• This job description should not be interpreted to be a complete list of all the duties and responsibilities performed by the jobholder. To maintain organizational flexibility, management has the discretion to add, drop or change at any time the duties, responsibilities and expectations of this job.
• This job description does not constitute an offer of employment, continuous employment or an employment contract. We are an at-will employer and either you or the employer may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any legal reason or for no reason.
This will be a first shift position, Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to contract workers.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Safety Manager position in Georgia, VT or you can visit our website www.adeccousa.com to search for other opportunities that are currently available.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.