Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI! Job Description
We are looking for a Safety Manager located in our Kinston, North Carolina window manufacturing plant. This is an excellent career opportunity with Alside, a division of Associated Materials Incorporated. Reporting to our Director of Environmental Health and Safety, this position will be responsible for ensuring the safety of over 600 employees/associates at the Kinston location. OBJECTIVES:
Developing and sustaining programs that builds a safety culture that will result in the reduction of work related injuries and the potential for accidents.
Maintains compliance with governmental regulatory agencies. DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulates, develops, and coordinates all safety and loss control functions of the plant.
- Designs and directs a program to reduce injuries through safety-training, hazard identification, planned inspections, skill training, first-aid care, emergency preparedness, proper job instruction, new employee indoctrination, physical protection, planned job observation, rules and practices, job safety analysis/standard work procedures, ergonomic design, and protective equipment.
- Responsible for directing incident investigations identifying the root of injuries, first aid / significant near miss incidents and executing sustainable corrective actions.
- Responsible for driving processes that will result in a reduction of injuries and the identification & mitigation of potential hazards present in the workplace.
- Coaching / teaching leads, supervisors and managers in areas such as hazard identification & mitigation, policy enforcement and culture building.
- Actively managing safety related employee engagement activities and driving reporting and corrective action completion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Desired):
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Experience in coordinating safety programs within a plant manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- CSP or ASP credential
- Ability to read and speak Spanish
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com
A little about us:
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.